The Kids Are NOT Alright - Part 2
March 17, 2021
- Dr. Karen Goldberg, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Dr. Alan Mease, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Specialist
While there is widespread consensus that there is a lack of adequate child and adolescent mental health providers, the problem stubbornly remains year after year. Part two of this podcast discusses what can be done – today. Not tomorrow, not next year or in 5 years, but today. What grassroots initiatives can we implement to get started now?
Dr. Mease and Dr. Goldberg both agreed on the following three community-level initiatives:
- Telemedicine: This has greatly increased since the onset of COVID-19 and has been one of the positive trends to come out of this pandemic. We want to see this continue and expand into the mental health field.
- Integration: Have child/adolescent psychiatrists act as consultants to pediatric primary care clinics to help with the behavioral/mental aspects of patients.
- Collaboration at the local level: Cast the net beyond physicians: incorporate psychologists, counselors and mental health specialists into the pipeline so no provider is operating in silo.
Listen to the Whiteboard Podcast Series by eQHealth Solutions to gain insights, ideas and concepts that are necessary to discuss for the future health of our national population.
eQHealth is the industry leader in Population Health Management Solutions, delivering high-tech solutions with human-touch service. eQHealth also received the first – and only – CMS-certified care management technology in the United States. Through data-driven strategies combined with compassionate care, eQHealth creates optimal financial outcomes for payers, providers and members with powerful long-term results.